C-litter born Sept 6 2021 - Bellona & Hector
You can follow the development of the kittens in the Alterskjaer Lion King litter in this blog post. See recent updates week 7-9 below. One of the boys, Mufasa, will be evaluated for breeding with us (see separate blog post) and one of the girls will also be sold for breeding (Sarabi).
Kitten gone missing
One poly kittenPurified through centuries of natural selection, poly Maine Coons embody the most distinct and visible proof possible of the long heritage of this native Maine Coon breed.
- These have been hectic weeks with supplemental feeding of the kittens. I am super lucky to have such big support from my daughter who has been helping me a lot! During these 6 weeks we have given a total of 132 supplemental milk-meals, and the kittens have increased from 60 grams to between 700 (Sarafina) and 800 (Pumba) grams (See table below).
- All of them are now eating solid food (paté). They have also started used their canine teeth chewing the little kibbles from Veterinary HPM (Virbac).
- They have all stated using the cat box! I am just amazed at how quickly kittens are "potty trained" - it took them about 5 minutes tops to figure it out - so different from puppies!!
- They are not playing and interaction and running and climbing and so sweet I could spend the whole day just watching them.
- Alterskjaer Mufasa PP will be moving to / living with Alterskjaer Lucifer PP and his family when he is old enough. He will be evaluered for breeding with us.